"EXCROSS is a Supporting Action (SA) to enhance cross-fertilization and synergies between research initiatives dealing with safety in the different transport modes (e.g. road transportation, aviation, etc.), reducing the fragmentation that exists in Europe between these initiatives. In particular, the objectives of this SA are:
1) Identify synergies and opportunities for cross fertilization between different transport modes;
2) Identify potential cross cutting researches between different transport modes, strategic research domains where the research efforts need to be emphasized to exploit synergies, remove discrepancies and address research gaps;
3) Establish a collaboration on this subject with organisations from other technologically advanced countries and with regulator and safety agencies;
4) Disseminate the results to all the potential stakeholders.
The activities will be organised around the following main streams:
1) Establish a common understanding of safety principles across the different transportation modes;
2) Collection, selection and analysis of past research actions dealing with safety aspects;
3) Identification of the main stakeholders and preparation and dissemination of information tailored for their needs.
Partnership includes organisations from the four main modes of transportations (road, maritime, railways, aviation) with a solid background and large experience in the participation to research initiatives dealing with safety aspects, namely Ansaldo STS (IT), CERTH (GR), Deep Blue (IT - coordinator), ISDEFE (ES), LOGOS Ingenieur und Planungsgesellschaft (DE), and the University of Strathclyde (UK). The US Federal Aviation Administration and a Steering Committee with representatives from regulatory and safety agencies will support the work of the CA, providing feedback and recommendations on its main intermediate and final outcome. The SA will have a duration of 27 months."
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call