"Based on the assumption of (i) the involvement of the EUSC in the Security Dimension of GMES and (ii) the need to support the definition of the cooperation between GMES & EUSC (supported by the EUSC Board) and a structured dialogue among stakeholders, the BRIDGES project intends to:
• Perform an in-depth analysis and further define the EUSC’s possible role(s) in GMES
• Identify the financial and legal consequences of the potential implementation of these roles on the basis of several options
• Analyse existing governance models in the Space domain in order to provide inputs and recommendations for the definition of the governance scenario that will be identified in the course of the project
• Identify scenarios and implementation options, taking into account the current state of GMES and the EUSC’s role, for:
- A coordinated approach to space data access in the Security field.
- GMES’s potential contribution to CFSP/ESDP, in an operational capacity.
• Propose governance options and a roadmap for the implementation of the scenarios identified
• Evaluate the benefits for GMES and provide an impact assessment
Alternative scenarios will also be explored in order to ensure a wider approach such as operational coordination for data access by ESA or EUMETSAT or cooperative approach between several entities with complementary roles.
The strategy of BRIDGES is based on a constant dialogue with relevant institutional decision-making stakeholders (e.g. EEAS, CMPD, EDA, ESA, EC, EU Parliament, Member States, etc.) and user organisations, supported by the industry’s insight on service delivery schemes and associated costs.
This dialogue is expected to significantly raise stakeholders’ awareness of the synergies between GMES and CFSP/ESDP areas and to provide food for thought for the project deliverables, mainly in the form of reflection papers.
The final output of BRIDGES will take into account the proposed role(s) for the EUSC and provide set of reports aiming to support the institutional dialogue and decision-making on operational Governance options for the GMES programme including support to CFSP/CSDP and a coordinated access to space data in the field of Security."
Field of science
- /social sciences/sociology/governance
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-SA - Support actions
28760 Tres Cantos