"The objective of this project is to strengthen the links and integration of the Euro-Argo European research infrastructure into the Argo International strategy of global ocean observations, and to seek participation by, and to develop cooperation with, potential participants in the European neighbouring areas which have a maritime interest.
The following activities are planned:
- Work on the evolution of the Argo core mission together with international partners (O2, bio-geochemical sensors, deep floats, extension to polar and marginal seas),
- Work on the evolution of the Argo data centers (Delayed Mode Quality Control of the North Atlantic ARC and Southern Ocean Argo Regional Center) and role of the European components,
- Refine the float deployment strategy in Europe and international seas and links with international partners,
- making the interfaces with JCOMMOPS and Argo information center (AIC),
- working on legal aspects and policy issues (law of the sea),
- Organize scientific and thematic (regional) workshops open to international partners
This project will be carried by the Euro-Argo preparatory phase project partners that will form the future partners of the Euro-Argo ERIC."
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call