The overall aim of ENORASIS is to develop an intelligent, integrated Decision Support System (ENORASIS Service Platform and Components) for environmentally optimized and, thus, sustainable irrigation management by farmers and water management organizations. ENORASIS system will actually target to motivate irrigation farmers to optimize the use of water, whereas it will also provide to (irrigation) water management organizations intelligent tools and services to effectively forecast and manage irrigation water resources, cover irrigation demand and charge customers (farmers) on the basis of an intelligent system of motives and incentives that exploits irrigation demand side fluctuations.
To achieve so, ENORASIS will develop and integrate a bouquet of advanced technologies, methodologies and models in the fields of: (i) weather prediction systems that exploit satellite observations; (ii) irrigation optimization techniques and (iii) smart irrigation systems in order to arrive at a solution that will be easy to use for farmers and that will be flexible and robust enough for its use by irrigation water management organizations; and (iv) wireless sensor networks (functioning with solar energy) as key enabling technology for field measurements and monitoring conditions. Such an intelligent irrigation management and charging system is expected to have a major impact towards the adoption of more sustainable irrigation water management practices in agriculture and thus, increased environmental protection and costs savings for all stakeholders involved in agricultural economy.
Finally, the ENORASIS project will be implemented over a period of 36 months by a multi-disciplinary and well-balanced consortium of 13 partners, including academic partners, research centers & institutes, SMEs as well as end-users (water management organization).
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/sustainable economy
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/water management
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/water management/irrigation
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries/agriculture
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy/solar energy
- /natural sciences/earth and related environmental sciences/hydrology
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCP - Collaborative project (generic)
21000 Novi Sad