This CASES project is aimed at teaming up trans-continental researchers in the areas of sustainable design/manufacturing and ICT to enrich the knowledge base and achieve research synergies to develop smart design and manufacturing planning services in terms of energy efficiency. The objectives include:
(1) To establish an active international community and effective communication channel for research teams from various regions of the EU, China and Ukraine to collaborate in the research area of eco-design and energy-efficient manufacturing planning.
(2) To integrate the complementary expertise of the European, Chinese and Ukrainian teams to devise ICT-based smart services and standards to address the multi-faceted requirements of eco-design and sustainable manufacturing planning. Activities include:
• The impact of globally sustainable trends on the current practices in the EU, China and Ukraine would be evaluated and relevant strategies and best practices will be proposed;
• Research in eco-design, manufacturing planning, cloud and service-oriented computing, and computational intelligence will be synchronised to develop innovative smart services.
(3) To leverage the geographical characteristics of all teams for research evaluation, improvement and dissemination. The plan includes:
• The smart services, acquired from the integration of research, systems and algorithms within the teams, will be deployed geographically dispersed for evaluation and improvement;
• Knowledge sharing and outreach activities will be organised for relevant communities and stakeholders in the EU, China and Ukraine to increase the awareness of the proposed solutions to enable them to shift towards sustainability efficiently.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/artificial intelligence/computational intelligence
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call