The FUNCTIONAL project is aimed to achieve the strengthening cooperation between the European Union with third countries such as Brazil and Mexico in order to transfer knowledge in the development of functional and high-performance nanostructured surfaces. Therefore, the networking RTD activities among the four partners involved will strengthen the International dimension of the European Research Area by promoting the secondments of researchers either by receiving incoming staff members from Brazil and Mexico or by sending outgoing staff members from Spain and Germany.
The main objectives of the joint exchange programme are:
1) Strengthening collaboration between European R&D centres of excellence and other organizations belonging to third countries.
2) Development of new research capacities in knowledge areas of large potential impact.
3) Maintaining sustainable research cooperation between EU countries and Brazil and Mexico through an exchange system between the partners not only during the project but also beyond it, promoting the creation of active and formal partnerships between the partners.
The programme of exchange is focused on developing high-performance and functional nanostructured coatings able to withstand wear and corrosion hard conditions present during life-in service of many components for several industries. New advanced techniques (laser and friction stir based techniques) will be used in order to create this functional surface.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/materials engineering/coating and films
- /natural sciences/physical sciences/optics/laser physics
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call