The overarching aim of the J-ERAcenter is: To contribute to the effective integration of Jordan into ERA, through building the National Centre for Research and Development (NCRD) organisational, strategic and human capacities to actively participate in European S&T partnerships and execute large-scale projects in the key area of Renewable Energy, with a view to creating a centre of excellence within Jordan and actively promoting further dissemination and replication in the region. Specifically J-ERAcenter aims:
• To build capacities in international R&D cooperation and EU project management, by providing targeted training to NCRD staff and researchers and enable them to replicate the knowledge benefiting a wider target group of researchers in Jordan.
• To strengthen direct links between research teams of NCRD and their EU counterparts and initiate joint R&D initiatives in the area of Renewable Energy, through a series of networking/partnering events and facilitating mobility of researchers.
• To ensure firm and sustainable implementation of the enhanced capacities at NCRD with a view to promoting the centre’s international competitiveness and improve its response to socio-economic challenges; through implementing specific internationalisation, visibility, IP and competitiveness strategies (for enhancement of the institutional development strategy), and the implementation of a R&D Cooperation Unit.
• To promote the visibility and impact of this pilot action, positioning NCRD as a Centre of Excellence for EU-Jordan RTD cooperation, via targeted multiplication and dissemination actions (networking events, info-days, seminars).
Jordan’s leading research centre in Renewable Energy is the main beneficiary and coordinator, due to its high multiplier potential to act as catalyst for integration into ERA, and the importance of RE to both regions. The consortium includes EU partners with complementary expertise in the scientific field (UASTV, UMU) and EU project management (UA).
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call