Infectious disease are responsible of high human health burden and cost. Time to diagnosis release and quality of the microrganism detection represent an area of interest for optical fiber based device application.
OPTObacteria propose an highly expert consortium in which 4 SME and 4 research peformers from 3 European countries would synergize their efforts to provide a unique Automatic Laboratory Detector (ALD) to deliver a drug resistance report in a 4 or 4-8 hours timeframe. The time is depending on the experiment required, it avoid bacterial grwoth time, typical of the antibiogram typical report and provide an detection up to low ng concentration or even low. With respect to other optical-based device (like SPR, surface plamon resosnance) many limitations are overcome.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringfibers
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesmicrobiologybacteriology
- medical and health scienceshealth sciencesinfectious diseases
- medical and health sciencesbasic medicinepharmacology and pharmacydrug resistance
- natural sciencesphysical sciencesopticsfibre optics
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeBSG-SME - Research for SMEs
03600 Elda Alicante
See on map
See on map