"On 24th September 2010 researchers will open the doors of their labs and meet people in town. The project is based on a mix of activities, bringing together researchers and citizens in the popular centre of the City of Luxembourg. The researchers will be the stars of the event, playing the role of testimonials, guides, animators and ""ordinary"" human beings.
• 26 hands-on scientific workshops in the central venue (2pm - 9pm). The City of Luxembourg has authorized 2 marquees (400m2 and 800m2) on the Place Guillaume II in the heart of the city;
• EU information stand at a central location inside the main marquee where participants of the Researchers’ Night contest will hand in their participation bulletins and where EU gadgets will be displayed;
• Interactive scientific treasure hunt (Science Rallye) across the city’s main locations with 5 rally points near museums and popular town squares where participants will have to interact with researchers to answer scientific questions and find the code word to receive a gift;
• 4 science cafés (5pm - 9pm) in popular cafés near the central venue (Art Café, Am Musée);
• 2 scientific street animations;
• catering (2pm – 9pm) and resting spaces;
• Closing party in the main marquee starting at 9pm.
Since Luxembourg is small, the whole city will be dedicated to the Researchers' night activities, meaning that big parts of the country (including the media) talk about only one thing: researchers.
The target audience will include the inhabitants of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg and the foreign commuters from the Greater Region, with a special focus set on pupils and students, teachers and parents."
Field of science
- /social sciences/educational sciences/pedagogy/teaching
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call