Human skills are the main driver that enables producing high added value products in Europe. Thus the manufacturing processes are based on utilizing these skills. ROBO-PARTNER aspires the integration of the latest industrial automation systems for assembly operations in combination with human capabilities, combining robot strength, velocity, predictability, repeatability and precision with human intelligence and skills. Thus, a hybrid solution involving the safe cooperation of operators with autonomous and adapting robotic systems through a user-friendly interaction is proposed. The focus will be given in the following directions:
- Development of highly intuitive interfaces for safe human-robot cooperation during assembly by using sensors, visual servoing, speech recognition, advanced control algorithms
- Development of advanced safety strategies and equipment allowing fenceless human robot assembly cells
- Introduction of robust methods and software tools for determining the optimal planning of assembly/disassembly operations using a multi-criteria, simulation enabled approach
- Adaption of simplified robot programming by means of: a) Programming by demonstration & b) Robot instructions libraries
- Introduction of mobile robots acting as assistants to the human operators (e.g. for supplying parts to the assembly line)
- Development of more flexible integration and communication architecture by utilizing a distributed computing model and ontology services.
The project will be based on industrial applications, bringing its development to a maturity level that allows the introduction in industry, as well proven production technologies. Two demonstrations in automotive will involve the assembly of seat and suspension by robots in cooperation and workspace sharing with humans. A second demonstration will focus on capital goods assembly and the last one on the white goods industry for sealer’s assembly.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electronic engineering/automation and control systems
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCP-IP - Large-scale integrating project