NANOFOOT main goal is to develop advanced and innovative nanotechnology based solutions for leathers and polymers components for footwear products, aiming a new sustainable and customer-driven production of consumer goods; where the health, environment, high quality of components, fair marketing communication and competitive sales price are combined to promote the competitiveness of the companies.
NANOFOOT SMEs have the ambition of exploring the potentialities and the benefits of nanoparticles (NPs) available in the market on the development of new functional materials & products. The final objective is to get differentiated, high added value and marketable materials and footwear consumer goods; that satisfy the needs and expectations of the final consumers.
The consortium is constituted by 9 members (5 SMEs and 4 RTD institutions). A balanced and interdisciplinary team is formed by combining the know-how of SMEs with the expertise of the University and Technology Research Centres. The consortium will provide an effective way to develop and transfer knowledge to the companies, a requisite needed to promote innovation and the results commercial exploitation.
NANOFOOT RTD and technical activities include:
Screening of commercially available cost-effective nanoparticles;
• Investigation of the functionalization of processing products, coatings and leathers using nanoparticles.
• Investigation and development of polymeric nanocomposites and footwear components.
• Develop advanced antimicrobial thermal auto-regulated footwear.
• Develop an integrated environmental approach to safeguard consumers, workers, workplace and environmental.
• Perform prototype demonstrators and dissemination actions.
• Prepare results exploitation by the SMEs and IPR protection.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call