The Responsible-Industry project will design an Exemplar Implementation Plan of RRI in Industry to demonstrate how industry can work productively together with societal actors and integrate principles and methodologies of Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) into research and innovation processes. To achieve maximum impact where it is most needed, the implementation plan will focus on the grand challenge of health, demographic change and wellbeing. More specifically the project will focus on the role that research and innovation in ICT can play in addressing this challenge.
Responsible-Industry will guide interactive discussions between leading industry partners, established RRI experts, policy advisors and civil society organisations to drive the research and innovation process with the principles of RRI in mind. In doing so, Responsible-Industry will achieve the following objectives:
- Synthesis of current discourses on RRI in the industrial context, based on an extensive literature review, 30 in-depth interviews with industry thought leaders, 5 bottom-up case studies and 2 Horizon Scanning reports.
- Investigation, through practical cases and in depth dialogue with stakeholders (industry, CSOs, policy makers and emerging global stakeholders), of processes, challenges and opportunities leading to responsible innovation along specific value chains of products and applications.
- International Delphi Study of RRI in industry involving 130-150 stakeholders and an international Multi-Stakeholder workshop.
- Development of a detailed implementation plan to be tested in at least 4 pilot projects.
- Reflection on the viability of the implementation plan, supported by least 15 industry-driven focus groups.
- Development of models of RRI in industry as a basis of specific recommendations to be disseminated to the various stakeholders through an Exemplar Implementation Plan of RRI in Industry.
Field of science
- /humanities/languages and literature/literature - general
- /social sciences/political science/government systems/civil society
- /social sciences/economics and business
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call