"The proposal responds to the Horizon 2020 challenge called ""Climate action, resource efficiency and raw materials”. In addition, it addresses the second specific challenge of the Mobilising and Mutual Learning Action Plans (MMLAP) topics, listed in the Science in Society call for proposals of the Capacities Work Programme 2013, namely ""Assessment of sustainable innovation"". The project’s main objective will be to develop a methodological framework for assessing sustainable innovation and managing multi-disciplinary solutions through public engagement in the RTDI system by ensuring the commitment of a broad spectrum of societal stakeholders into its implementation, including industry, policy-makers, research organisations and academia, civil society organisations and the general public.
In achievement to the overall objective of the proposed action, the specific objectives include the development of:
- a working definition of sustainable innovation, building on common definitions, academic literature as well as expert advice internal and external to the project consortium;
- ways to include general public concerns in assessing the social impact of these innovations on society in consultation workshops. Issues such as participation in the development of innovation, inclusiveness, ethics, gender and open access will be considered in these sessions;
- a common understanding of best practices in sustainable innovation management;
- a framework for assessment and management of sustainable innovations;
- specific policy recommendations on how to improve innovation management and how sustainability considerations can be incorporated into it based on the findings of the assessment framework and public consultations.
CASI mobilises 19 partners from 12 EU Member States. Through a network of country correspondents CASI will cover the whole of Europe. The work is structured in 11 work packages, and the mandatory work packages as outlined in the call are included."
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/sustainable economy
- /social sciences/political science/government systems/civil society
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/natural resource management
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call