MNEmerge Project aims to address the issues raised in this call together with a consortium that consists of top European universities, international organisations and multinational enterprises. We wish to provide a comprehensive framework, case study methodology and policy analysis of the activities of MNE and organisations operating in- and outside of EU. We are mostly interested on activities that take part in India, Brazil and Africa.
The consortium has been an active contributor to the multinationals research and it has expertise on studying societal problems in emerging markets. The research will be carried out by an international, interdisciplinary team, involving researchers from Finnish, British and Dutch institutes. The issues studied in this project are varied but there is a common thread uniting all of its sub-themes; namely they all relate to how MNE activities in terms of one of the following: FDI, business functioning, technology and innovation strategies, corporate philanthropy or socially responsible investment, can contribute to the attainment of poverty alleviation, food security, health security and environmental security, which are intimately interlinked.
The objectives of the project are:
1. Development of a framework to analyse MNE impact towards socio-economic development
2. Development of a model that describes the relationship between MNE, FDI and the economy
3. Role of public policies in supporting responsible business practises and the Millennium Declaration Goals
4. Case Studies to support the methodological framework model on health, environment and energy
We identify modes of MNE collaboration with other societal stakeholders including the State, which permit the business sustainability while ensuring sustainable development of society as a whole with the ‘environment’ being a passive stakeholder. We will also develop tools and aids for decision making that can facilitate the implementation of the aforesaid recommendations.
Fields of science
- social sciencespolitical sciencepolitical policypublic policy
- social sciencesother social sciencessocial sciences interdisciplinarysustainable development
- engineering and technologyother engineering and technologiesfood and beveragesfood safety
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCP-FP-SICA - Small/medium-scale focused research project for specific cooperation actions dedicated to international cooperation partner countries(SICA)
11055 300 Santos Sao Paulo