"Known as either ""Industrial Revolution 4.0"" or as ""Industrial Renaissance"", the need for new manufacturing approaches is widely accepted in the EU. SatisFactory aims to contribute to the transformation of traditional industrial environments using cutting-edge technologies in ways that are both productive and appealing to youth.
The fundamental component of the proposed system will be the assessment and storage of the explicit and tacit knowledge created on the shop floor by aggregating a set of heterogeneous smart devices and sensors (Linksmart/FIT, Smart Sensors/ISMB) and extracting context-aware information based on their measurements (Semantics Engine/EPFL).
The distribution of this knowledge will be based on 3 important system tools. Firstly, a training platform will allow the fast and intuitive education of employees (R3Donline/Regola).
Secondly, a collaboration platform (CoSpaces/FIT) will stimulate and promote team interactions. Finally, ubiquitous user interfaces (BRIDGE/FIT) will support all employees seamlessly in real time and on the move.
SatisFactory will also utilise the aggregated knowledge in order to leverage the control and re-adaptation of facilities (mainDSS/ABE) and streamline the workload (Human Behavior Analysis/CERTH). In order to enhance working experience and thus increase the workplace attractiveness, augmented reality and gamification (CollabReview/FIT) approaches will be utilized. Additionally modern wearable devices (ISMB; Glasses/GlassUp) will allow the interaction of workers with the system without disrupting their workflow.
All 12 foreseen products of SatisFactory will be deployed and evaluated in two industrial sites representing automotive industry (COMAU) and battery construction (SUNLIGHT). Validation will assess the impact and reveal the capabilities of SatisFactory towards the promotion of novel and viable business models for increased innovation potential, flexibility and productivity,while enhancing workplace attractiveness"
Fields of science
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringautomotive engineering
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicsproduction economicsproductivity
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsignal processing
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencedata processing
- engineering and technologymaterials engineering
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesinternetinternet of things
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencedata exchange
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensorssmart sensors
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action