JUPITER aims at EGNSS awareness raising, capacity building and promotion activities for fostering business development of EGNSS based applications worldwide in response to the H2020 societal challenges at stake for mobility and transportation.
In order to ensure that EGNSS comes to prominence in the ITS sector, the added value of EGNSS, compared to or in combination with GPS/Glonass/Beidou constellations should be clearly demonstrated and promoted.
The training of application developers will be critical for them to take advantage of EGNSS and to implement GALILEO features in their applications.
Once ITS service providers can demonstrate innovative EGNSS ITS applications, another key challenge is to convince public stakeholders and other actors of the transportation industry about the benefits they could derive from implementing such innovative solutions. The sharing of good practices should be fostered in order to raise awareness on how such applications might be used in practice and how commercial domino effects could be instigated from one user to another. This will allow a progressive market consolidation with a enough large critical mass for those ITS service providers who suffer today from a too strong market fragmentation.
The ITS World Congress to be held in Bordeaux in 2015 represents a unique opportunity to implement demonstrations of EGNSS innovative solutions (both at signals level and at the application level) and to instigate good practices sharing among stakeholders from more than 65 countries.
But it will also be necessary to capitalise on such demonstrations and associated visibility for instigating a commercial impact on the longer term. For a stronger worldwide leverage impact, training capacity will be built and workshops organised in Europe, Latin America, South East Asia, Australia, Africa and Middle East.
By doing so, JUPITER intends to offer global development perspectives to the European contributors of the EGNSS ITS ecosystem.
Fields of science
- social sciencessocial and economic geographytransportsustainable transportintelligent transport system
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringautomotive engineeringautonomous vehicle
- humanitiesartsmodern and contemporary artfilm
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsignal processing
- social sciencessocial and economic geographytransportnavigation systemssatellite navigation systemglobal navigation satellite system
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
11015 Praha 1
47180 Castelnau Sur Gupie