The aim of INSPIRATION is to adopt a funder and end-user demand-driven approach to establish and promote the adoption of the knowledge creation, transfer and implementation agenda for land use, land-use changes and soil management in the light of current and future societal challenges. Main objectives are:
• Formulate, consult on and revise an end-user oriented strategic research agenda (SRA),
• Scope out models of implementing the SRA,
• Prepare a network of public and private funding institutions willing to commonly fund the execution of the SRA.
INSPIRATION’s mission is to improve the supply and effectiveness of science/knowledge take-up by those who really need it. The proposed methodology is based on a multi-stakeholder, multi-national and interdisciplinary approach that covers the variety of stakeholders (public bodies, business, science, citizens and society) and the variety of relevant. The vehicle to engage with all relevant stakeholders across the Member States is a National Focal Point (NFP) in 16 countries. The NFP’s will organize workshops with national stakeholders of funders, end users and researchers across the various soil and land management disciplines. The results will be taken up, structured along four integrative themes and merging into thematic knowledge needs to satisfy the as yet unmet societal challenges and to ensure that knowledge contributes primarily to enable meeting these challenges. Based on these results a cross country and cross discipline dialogue will subsequently be organized among the relevant user communities, funding bodies and scientific communities in Europe in order to reach a trans-national, prioritized SRA as well as a model for execution of this SRA. Thus to achieve an SRA of which national funders believe that for any Euro they spend, they will get a multitude of Euro’s worth of knowledge in return. Knowledge welcomed to face their national, societal challenges.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyother engineering and technologiesfood and beveragesfood safety
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringwater treatment processesdrinking water treatment processes
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencesatmospheric sciencesclimatologyclimatic changes
- natural sciencesearth and related environmental sciencessoil scienceland-based treatment
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action