HYMADE focuses on the development of capsules and engineered colloidal particles for drug delivery combining mesoporous colloids, the Layer by Layer (LbL) technique and virosomes. The capsules and particles have potential applications in cancer and inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and uveitis.
The project is based on the secondments of Early Stage Researchers and Experienced Researchers and networking and training activities between European and non European academic institutions.
HYMADE aims to profit from the combination of hybrid materials to fabricate advanced drug delivery systems with controlled release and targeting efficiency of biological entities. The project also aims to gain understanding of the self assembly process of hybrid materials and the transport properties of the drug delivery systems.The biological fate, drug release, degradation and therapeutical efficiency of the drug delivery systems will be studied in vitro and in vivo with state of the art imaging techniques. To achieve these goals we have gathered an international multidisciplinary team with scientists at the forefront of Material Science, Self assembly, Physics, Chemistry, Biophysics and Imaging from Germany, Austria, France and Spain on the European side and from United States of America, Argentina and Armenia on the non European side.
Fields of science
- social sciencessocial and economic geographytransport
- natural scienceschemical sciencespolymer science
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringcoating and films
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesbiophysics
- natural sciencesphysical sciencescondensed matter physicssoft matter physics
- medical and health scienceshealth sciencesinflammatory diseases
- medical and health sciencesclinical medicinecancer
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesbiochemistrybiomoleculeslipids
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesbiochemistrybiomoleculesnucleic acid
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeMSCA-RISE - Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE)