DemoWind proposes to launch and implement a coordinated, collaborative, joint offshore wind technology demonstration Call worth in excess of €100m between 2015-19 under Horizon 2020 topic LCE 18 – 2014: Supporting Joint Actions on demonstration and validation of innovative energy solutions.
Partners: Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom, aim to pool their national resources of up to M€21.2, matched with M€10.4 of funding from the EC.
DemoWind is focussed on enabling industry, through partnership, to push technologies through TRLs 5-6 to 6-7 in transnationally funded projects. We aim to connect existing and new European offshore wind demonstration opportunities, exchange knowledge and facilitate the acceleration of cost reducing innovative technologies to commercialisation.
This action will contribute to European cost reduction targets for offshore wind, economic development of the European offshore wind sector and help to maintain the EU’s internationally leading position in offshore wind. Reducing the technology cost is essential to increase the deployment of offshore wind making a significant contribution to the EU’s climate change targets, replacing aging fossil burning power plant with affordable wind energy.
DemoWind has 5 work packages which will be overseen by a Management Group, and coordinated by the UK Department of Energy and Climate Change. A Project Secretariat will support implementation and an Advisory Board will ensure that actions remain relevant to the needs of the offshore wind industry. Other work packages include:
• Preparation and launch of the transnational Call for proposals;
• Proposal assessment and selection;
• Monitoring of projects and evaluation of the overall programme and individual projects;
• Communication, dissemination and exploitation to ensure that funded transnational projects deliver impact.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy/windpower
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeERA-NET-Cofund - ERA-NET Cofund
2595 AC The Hague