Periodic Reporting for period 1 - GALNIMBUS (Disruptive cloud-based irrigation controller to optimize water use efficiency in agriculture)
Reporting period: 2014-10-01 to 2015-01-31
• We have reached agreements with our customers to install the first controllers to test performance under real conditions and to evaluate the adaptation of farmers to the new system in10 collaborating farms in five European countries.
• Our R&D team has already designed a first draft of the system and has shortlisted the most adequate components and services suppliers required to develop the controller.
• We understand the different protection strategies for the Intellectual Property Rights applicable to each of the components of our innovation (hardware, software, and algorithm) and we have defined an IPR protection strategy.
• The marketing strategy has been redefined thanks to a market study analysis where we have also focused on EU-28 plus new potential markets.
• We have evaluated the impact that this major project will imply for our company in terms of costs and revenue streams and we have elaborated a business plan to represent it.