Periodic Reporting for period 1 - SO2SAFE (Enzymatic SO2 biosensor for rapid food safety monitoring)
Reporting period: 2014-10-01 to 2015-02-28
The specific objective of the SO2SAFE Phase 1 was, through the development of a feasibility study, to set the more complete and reliable business strategy for transforming the novel idea into a solid high-potential innovation project aligned to BIOLAN’s strategy and with the European industry needs.
- EU and Worldwide Regulations establish the necessity of monitoring sulphite levels in food and beverages to ensure food safety and customer health protection
- Crustacean industry demands fast, simple and reliable solutions for sulphite level monitoring to be integrated into HACPP programs
- SO2SAFE project objectives are technically feasible
- Nowadays, SO2SAFE does not have a critical competitor because a similar technology that offers such an advantageous performance has not been developed
- The European market will be the priority market target for the SO2SAFE biosensor, followed by the Asian markets and USA and Mexico
- As per result of SO2SAFE background and foreground IPR assessment, freedom to operate has been validated
- 2018 is established as the first year for commercializing the product after finishing SO2SAFE project
- SO2SAFE project will have a great impact in BIOLAN revenues and employment
- SO2SAFE project will increase BIOLAN production capacity at industrial level.