Periodic Reporting for period 1 - OpticTrainDetection (Optical and Acousto-optic Sensor Technology for Railway-Applications)
Reporting period: 2014-10-01 to 2015-03-31
The findings and results were positive and the rail operators confirmed their continuing interest in the proposed integrated sensing technology and their support with a more in depth set of testing and trials.
• reduce both capital (Capex) and ongoing Operational (Opex) costs with the proposed integrated rail management and asset condition solutions.
• positively improve the environmental impact with the reduction of power and copper cabling along the track.
• provide an attractive career path in the railway industry for engineers of all ages and both genders wishing to work with the latest technology
• replace many aged and obsolete technologies and sensors
• improve safety for both the rail workers and travelling public
• provide a set of integrated solutions providing rail user benefit in the araes of safety, security traffic management and asset maintenance.