Periodic Reporting for period 1 - Platon (software PLATform fOr iNteroperable multiphysics digital mock-up)
Reporting period: 2015-02-01 to 2015-07-31
- Replicate the success we have for many years now with our optical simulation software which has been integrated in the 4 main CAD software used over the world, Catia V5 and SolidWorks from Dassault Systèmes, NX from Siemens and CREO from PTC.
- Interview some customers to identify their pains, challenges, needs…
- Identify some partners and participate to technical workshops with them to check if they can provide some parts which can solve some of the issues we identify.
- Involve OPTIS Engineers of different fields to identify all the possible aspects of the technical blocks and to propose and evaluate the potential solutions.
- Analyze what propose our competitors or other companies in terms of the solutions they offer for different parts of the platform we planned to develop.
- Bench some of the potential solutions to confirm they can or cannot be retained as the best solution which solve all the issues of a technical block.
- Design and validate OPTIS internally the main high level architectures (data model, SDK…) as a first draft.
For all the technological blocks we initially identified, we now have different solutions. Considering the project business side, this phase 1 allowed the company to make a comprehensive investigation of its market, its players and position PLATON in the ecosystem.
In conclusion, the technical feasibility & attractivity for both partners and end-users of PLATON are validated. We have everything we need to build our PLATON platform. Phase 2 can be launched.