MSCA FIRE: Fellows with Industrial Research Enhancement
The FIRE programme is an integrated 4 year Doctoral Training programme, bringing together two national Centres for Doctoral Training: the Centre for Sustainable Chemical Technologies and the Centre for Digital Entertainment.
The objectives of MSCA FIRE are to increase the international aspects of these successful intersectoral and inter-disciplinary programmes and to develop the elements of transnational mobility and career development, common to our industry facing doctoral programmes.
Objectives are to:
- Offer FIRE Fellows the benefits of two established national Doctoral Training Centres, as they expand their international company placement activities.
- Bring Fellows the benefits of the cross-sectoral reach of both Centre, with vibrant industries.
- Enhance interdisciplinarity and offer added-value training practices beyond their specialised research area, to all fellows.
- Use these synergies to fire-up the fellows to become autonomous, creative, highly-skilled and fully ready for careers in international industries.
This will be achieved by:
- Implementing a combined 4 year doctoral training programme,
- using two existing national Doctoral Training Centres and their already engaged industrial partners.
MSCA FIRE will deliver:
- 20 autonomous, creative, highly-skilled scientists and engineers fully ready for careers in international industries, and
- A model for intersectoral, interdisciplinary doctoral training in an international environment.
Industrial partners ensure that research carried out is relevant and will enhance employability of graduates, both in Europe and globally.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call