The Train-to-NZEB project is designed to establish a functioning network of training and consultation centres (Building Knowledge Hubs, BKHs), providing practical trainings, demonstrations and complex consulting services for the implementation of nearly-zero energy buildings (NZEB). Using the improved training facilities, the BKHs will provide enhanced capacity for conduction of trainings on curricula developed on BUILD UP Skills II, thus reaching a significant number of workers not covered by the initiative. Additionally, BKHs will offer trainings for highly-qualified building professionals and demonstrations for non-specialists with decision-making authority, which, combined with administrative and financial consultancy service, will result in increased capacity for implementation of NZEB projects in the involved countries.
In order to reach this goal, the following objectives are set:
1. Development of publicly available Terms of Reference for the setting up of the BKHs;
2. Adaptation of existing and development of new training programs;
3. Actual setting up of 4 training and consultation centres (BKHs) according to the Terms of Reference;
4. Building of internal capacity through train-the-trainer activities, targeting at least 90 qualified trainers;
5. Actual training courses according to annual training plans, resulting in:
(a) 120 training courses for construction workers, targeting additional qualification of 2400 trainees;
(b) 24 training courses for highly-qualified building specialists, targeting additional qualification of 480 trainees;
(c) 36 training courses for non-specialists, targeting additional qualification of 720 trainees;
6. Strict monitoring and evaluation for constant improvement of the offered services.
7. Setting up of a web-based networking platform providing facilities for knowledge sharing and exchange between the BKHs;
8. Conduction of a targeted dissemination and communication campaign to increase the market demand for NZEB projects.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
A67 X566 Rathnew Wicklow