MSTyr15 (Market Surveillance Action TYRes 2015) will help deliver the economic and environmental benefits of Regulation (EC) No. 1222/2009 on the labelling of tyres with respect to fuel efficiency.
It will achieve this by:
• Coordinating the monitoring, verification and enforcement activities of 13 Market Surveillance Authorities (MSAs) across the Single Market and Turkey;
• Improving the effectiveness of the MSAs through skills-building training, the provision of guidelines and the promotion of Best Practices.
MSTyr15 will enhance the functioning of the European Single Market by ensuring that the tyres regulatory measures are effectively enforced across MS. It will deliver energy savings >105 GWh/year through removing incorrectly labelled tyres from the market.
Experience and resources for enforcement have been very limited in many MS since the tyres regulations were introduced in 2009. MSTyr15 includes mechanisms for assisting the skills development of less experienced staff and their authorities, supporting the adoption of common best practices and providing budgets to cover the high costs of testing tyres to the required standards.
It will coordinate market surveillance actions involving checks on in excess of 15,000 tyres. It will deliver a higher level of surveillance activities that go beyond testing. The consortium will work closely with other non-participating MSAs across the EEA though its liaison with the Tyres ADCO. Additionally, the MSTyr15 consortium will work together with an Advisory Board comprising of supply-side business, consumer organisations and environmental NGOs.
The expected results are:
- Adoption of best practices;
- Market surveillance being undertaken in a more cost effective and consistent manner;
- Increased awareness of and respect for market surveillance by tyres suppliers and users;
- Effective enforcement of EC Regulation on the labelling of tyres resulting in substantial energy savings expected to be better than 105 GWh/year.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
55543 Bad Kreuznach