The vision of 1D-NEON proposal is to develop fibre-based smart materials along with an integrated technology platform for the manufacturing in Europe of new products with multi-sectorial applications in consumer electronics, energy, healthcare and fitness, smart buildings, sensors and e-skin for soft robotics.
The overall objective of 1D-NEON is to build a modular platform for manufacturing fibre-based industrial products in multiple market sectors. Nanomaterials will be assembled into five basic fibre components along with manufacturing processes for integration into smart products, to impact three pilot applications.
Our design and manufacturing approach will address both technical performance and cost-effectiveness of these multi-sectorial applications, targeting sustainable development of new high-value, high performance devices and systems that could be integrated safely into everyday objects for an improved quality of life.
With that perspective, 1D-NEON fully addresses the challenges of the H2020 work programme topic NMP 22 – 2015: Fibre-based materials for non-clothing applications.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/nanotechnology/nano-materials
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electronic engineering/robotics/soft robotics
- /engineering and technology/materials engineering/textiles
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
08140 Caldes De Montbui
88046 Lamezia Terme