Periodic Reporting for period 1 - THAUMECOPHYL (Evolutionary history and ecological adaptations of ammonia oxidizing Thaumarchaeota.)
Reporting period: 2016-04-01 to 2018-03-31
We constructed a species tree for the genomes gathered based on the phylogenetic analysis of several dozens of shared genes. We then performed an analysis of the genome evolution of AOA in the context of their environmental distribution. This resulted in the proposition of adaptive features that could explain the evolutionary success and widespread distribution of AOA in many environments.
Results obtained during this project were/will be disseminated in publications and conferences:
- An article was published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA (Kerou et al. 2016).
- Two articles in scientific journals are currently being drafted.
- A poster was presented at the “Molecular Biology of Archaea 5” conference in London (July 2016).
- Invitation for plenary talk at the ICoN5 conference in July 2017 (5th International Conference on Nitrification and Related Processes, Vienna, Austria).
- The data generated during this project will be released publicly in dedicated databases upon the publication of the corresponding results.