NoAW : No Agro-Waste.
Innovative approaches to turn agricultural waste into ecological and economic assets.
Driven by a “near zero-waste” society requirement, the goal of NoAW project is to generate innovative efficient approaches to convert growing agricultural waste issues into eco-efficient bio-based products opportunities with direct benefits for both environment, economy and EU consumer. To achieve this goal, the NoAW concept relies on developing holistic life cycle thinking able to support environmentally responsible R&D innovations on agro-waste conversion at different TRLs, in the light of regional and seasonal specificities, not forgetting risks emerging from circular management of agro-wastes (e.g. contaminants accumulation).
By involving all agriculture chain stakeholders in a territorial perspective, the project will:
(1) develop innovative eco-design and hybrid assessment tools of circular agro-waste management strategies and address related gap of knowledge and data via extensive exchange through the Knowledge exchange Stakeholders Platform,
(2) develop breakthrough knowledge on agro-waste molecular complexity and heterogeneity in order to upgrade the most widespread mature conversion technology (anaerobic digestion) and to synergistically eco-design robust cascading processes to fully convert agro-waste into a set of high added value bio-energy, bio-fertilizers and bio-chemicals and building blocks, able to substitute a significant range of non-renewable equivalents, with favourable air, water and soil impacts
and (3) get insights of the complexity of potentially new, cross-sectors, business clusters in order to fast track NoAW strategies toward the field and develop new business concepts and stakeholders platform for cross-chain valorisation of agro-waste on a territorial and seasonal basis.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologymaterials engineeringcompositesbiocomposites
- agricultural sciencesagricultural biotechnologybiomass
- engineering and technologyindustrial biotechnologybiomaterialsbioplasticspolyhydroxyalkanoates
- agricultural sciencesagriculture, forestry, and fisheriesagriculture
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesbiochemistrybiomoleculeslipids
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeRIA - Research and Innovation action
92431 Neunburg Vorm Wald
30360 Cruviers Lascours
34310 Vinca Topola
64053 Pau Cedex 9
30360 Cruviers Lascours