Addressing European Policies for 2020 and beyond the “Power Semiconductor and Electronics Manufacturing 4.0” (SemI40) project responds to the urgent need of increasing the competitiveness of the Semiconductor manufacturing industry in Europe through establishing smart, sustainable, and integrated ECS manufacturing. SemI40 will further pave the way for serving highly innovative electronic markets with products powered by microelectronics “Made in Europe”.
Positioned as an Innovation Action it is the high ambition of SemI40 to implement technical solutions on TRL level 4-8 into the pilot lines of the industry partners. Challenging use cases will be implemented in real manufacturing environment considering also their technical, social and economic impact to the society, future working conditions and skills needed.
Applying “Industry 4.0”, “Big Data”, and “Industrial Internet” technologies in the electronics field requires holistic and complex actions.
The selected main objectives of SemI40 covered by the MASP2015 are: balancing system security and production flexibility, increase information transparency between fields and enterprise resource planning (ERP), manage critical knowledge for improved decision making and maintenance, improve fab digitalization and virtualization, and enable automation systems for agile distributed production.
SemI40’s value chain oriented consortium consists of 37 project partners from 5 European countries. SemI40 involves a vertical and horizontal supply chain and spans expertise and partners from raw material research, process and assembly innovation and pilot line, up to various application domains representing enhanced smart systems. Through advancing manufacturing of electronic components and systems, SemI40 contributes to safeguard more than 20.000 jobs of people directly employed in the participating facilities, and in total more than 300.000 jobs of people employed at all industry partners’ facilities worldwide.
Fields of science
- natural sciencesphysical scienceselectromagnetism and electronicselectrical conductivitysemiconductor
- social scienceseconomics and businesseconomicsproduction economics
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencebig data
- social sciencessociologyindustrial relationsautomation
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringautomation and control systems
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensorssmart sensors
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeECSEL-IA - ECSEL Innovation Action