Periodic Reporting for period 1 - AVELEDA Fruit Wine (AVELEDA Fruit Wine)
Reporting period: 2016-07-01 to 2016-12-31
Fruit Flavoured Wine is a category that is growing in several wine mature European markets (France, England and Germany), but all beverages available are produced with the addition of artificial aromas and flavours. Our proposal with this project was to produce a more natural “Fruit Flavoured Wine”, with all natural fruit.
- Selection of the best fruits to combine with wine. We started with more than 15 fruits, that we blended with wine (in different %). These combinations resulted in more than 50 samples of beverage;
- We entered the last step of the experimentation process (which involved several people from our company’s different departments) with 4 beverages (one for white, two for rose and one for red); In the end the decision was to develop the following beverage combinations:
o White wine with Passion fruit;
o Rosé wine with Strawberry;
o Red wine with Raspberry;
- Naming and Brand development with a design agency;
- Concept presentation to international clients and our Portuguese commercial partners (Primedrinks);
- Market research with end consumers, to test the concept of a more natural flavoured beverage, to analyse if the product gets a good appreciation from the consumers and to evaluate their reaction to different solutions for the brand’s name and image;
After 4 months from the first bottling we noticed that there was some instability in the beverage profile, because the taste differed from one bottle to another, and in some cases it was quite different from what we had established as the correct profile for the beverage.
We now need to re-evaluate all the process to understand how we can correct these differences between bottles.