Three industrial SMEs (ICM, QIVIVO and DEMO) and a public research institution (University of Vigo) from three EU countries are joining expertise in different building energy efficiency domains to develop and commercialize Enginency. Our approach will help to deliver, implement and optimize the energy efficiency of buildings, with technical, economic and societal potential to drastically reduce energy consumption and decrease CO2 emissions, addressing both new facilities and retrofitting and/or managing of existing ones. Enginency will support energy managers and expert´s decisions through the integration of energy audit with advanced technological solutions for automated measurement acquisition, simulation over automatically calibrated models and analysis engines to deliver a holistic tool to inspect building, and measure, manage, report and improve their energy efficiency.
Enginency will be commercialized as Software as a Service, facilitating the implementation and acquisition of this powerful system while decreasing both costs of deployment and maintenance to the end user, without requiring the presence of IT experts. In particular, Enginency will allow the final user to reduce the energy consumption of buildings of above 50%, with a zero-risks formula, while allowing Energy Service Companies (ESCOs) a 94% reduction of the inspection costs and an 88% reduction of the inspection duration, obtaining 15% more accurate results, with a payback time of only 12.4 months.
The Enginency consortium will take advantage of the substantial foreseen growth of the energy efficient market in Europe, as well as of the experience and current distribution network of its partners, to deliver its solution to ESCOs and final users generating 65 new jobs inside the consortium and a cumulative revenue of 20.4M€ over the first five years of commercialization, representing a unique opportunity of growth and market expansion for the members of the consortium.
Fields of science
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesartificial intelligenceexpert systems
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencessoftware
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencedata processing
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdatabases
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesinternetinternet of things
- social sciencessociologygovernancecrisis management
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringair pollution engineering
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
78315 Radolfell Am Bodensee