Periodic Reporting for period 1 - STRAVIR (Role of the stroma-derived ‘alarmin’ IL-33 in anti-viral immunity)
Reporting period: 2016-10-01 to 2018-09-30
• Objective 1: Identification and characterization of IL-33 producing cells in secondary lymphoid organs during viral infection.
• Objective 2: Identification of the time window and signals regulating IL-33 production and secretion from the relevant stromal cells found in infected secondary lymphoid organs
• Objective 3: Characterization of the effects of IL-33 on the expansion, migration and function of virus-specific T cells
The research results have been and will be shared with the scientific community by the following means:
• Publications of scientific articles: a manuscript is in preparation (close to being submitted).
• Conferences / Congresses: attendance to national and international scientific meetings, where I have presented the data with poster presentations.
• Seminars / symposiums: I have presented my research in seminars and symposiums, inside and outside my research center.