The main goal of AGROinLOG is the demonstration of Integrated Biomass Logistic Centres (IBLC) for food and non-food products, evaluating their technical, environmental and economic feasibility. The project is based on three agro-industries in the fodder (Spain), olive oil production (Greece) and cereal processing (Sweden) sectors that are willing to deploy new business lines in their facilities to open new markets in bio-commodities (energy, transport and manufacturing purposes) and intermediate bio-products (transport and biochemicals). These sectors represent over 10% turnover of agro-food industries and 30% of those with inherent synergies to integrate food and non-food business taking advantage of their existing equipment, seasonality and established food logistics. The synergies of applying IBLCs business in existing agro-industries can have a positive impact over 18% in final product price, giving a clear competitive strength to a wide segment of agro-industries, which can exploit this privileged situation compared to a new biomass supply business built from scratch.
The project is built on these agro-industries that will achieve a TRL7-8 in their facilities, guaranteeing operation under real conditions and with big amounts of production compared to the current activity, ensuring proximity to real market at the end of the project. Main challenges are based on being able to integrate logistics, harvesting and equipment in food and non-food applications, where the project is focused; ensuring marketability of the final bio-commodities. Besides, AGROinLOG will apply a multi-actor approach to attain experiences and knowledge of the sectors and agro-industries, enhancing the accuracy of the business models and developing effective and friendly guidelines of best practices to replicate and spread IBLC concept in Europe. This project will contribute towards employment stability –seasonality avoidance-, rural development and bio-economy goals.
- ciencias agrícolasbiotecnología agrícolabiomasa
- ciencias agrícolasagricultura, silvicultura y pescaagriculturacultivos industrialesforraje
- ciencias socialeseconomía y empresagestión y empresasmodelo de negocio
- ciencias agrícolasagricultura, silvicultura y pescaagriculturagranos y semillas oleoaginosascereales
- ingeniería y tecnologíaingeniería de materialespapel y madera
- ingeniería y tecnologíabiotecnología industrialbiomaterial
- ciencias agrícolasagricultura, silvicultura y pescaagriculturahorticulturahorticultura
- ciencias socialeseconomía y empresagestión y empresascomercio
Convocatoria de propuestas
Consulte otros proyectos de esta convocatoria
Régimen de financiaciónIA - Innovation action
50171 La Puebla De Alfinden
35006 Agios Konstantinos
115 26 Athens