Periodic Reporting for period 4 - PJ28 IAO (Integrated Airport Operations)
Reporting period: 2020-01-01 to 2020-02-29
IAO consists of four demonstrations: One on-board exercise and three at the airports of Nice, Budapest, and Hamburg. In those demonstrations IAO will cover ATM solutions in the area of:
•Routing and planning functions for controllers,
•Airport safety nets for Controllers and
•On-board traffic alerts
The new SESAR solutions will assist air traffic controllers in their duty to safely guide aircraft at the airport while also assisting flight crews in navigating safely on the ground.
In addition the project closure was performed.
To succeed in this main goal IAO wants to prove and demonstrate:
• operational readiness of all developed functionalities
• applicability of the demonstrated tools for different local characteristics
• compliance to current standards and regulations including the involvement of respective bodies
• deployment and promotion of the tools developed in SESAR 1 and demonstrated in IAO
• increase in situational awareness by using the demonstrated tools
• adherence to an acceptable controller workload with any of the new functionalities
• benefits of Conformance Monitoring and Conflicting ATC Clearance Alerts
• the efficiency of routing and planning tools, partly with user interaction
• the improvement of DMAN functions with route planning
• the benefit of using accurate A-SMGCS taxi-time
On the wider implications of the project, the ATM solutions addressed in IAO are considered to:
• Improve airport safety,
• Reduce fuel consumption and
• Reduce overall delays on the airport.