Periodic Reporting for period 1 - BIOECOMARINE (New Ultrasonic Cost-Effective Equipment as Anti-Fouling System for Vessels)
Reporting period: 2017-02-01 to 2017-07-31
1) Technology viability and technology development plan: the main development and innovation needs to make BEM a commercial product have been assesed, as well potential Technology allies.
2) Market assesment: our priority market have been characterized, together with its main dynamics and trends.
3) Business plan and internationalization: We have drafted a comprehensive internationalization strategy and business development roadmap, realistic with the size, resources of our SME, as well as aligned with our ambition to grow.
4) IPR, regulations and certifications needed for BEM have been studied in detail and they will be included in the workplan for Phase 2.
5) Finally, we have updated our initial financial plan and drafted the go-to-market strategy adapted to the key priority markets where BEM will be commercialized.
1. Innovative antifouling attach prevention based on a feasible, cost-effective and effective solution.
2. Significant impact on manpower, fuel, material and dry-docking period’s needs. An estimated cost saving up 28-35% can be achieved as a result of reducing the need to apply AF coatings up to a third.
3. Ready to use mode and automated protection once the ship has docked. Suitable for Renewal energy feed.
4. Enabling synergies with novel coatings that increase smooth and self-polishing surface improving boat efficiency on fuel consumption.
5. Increasing provided port-services including an automated AF service for small and medium size boats.
6. Safe, secure, easy running and environmentally friendly device, without any danger to marine life.
In terms of expected impacts, we foresee to reach a turnover above €30 million in the 5th year of sales and create 65 new jobs.