Food safety violations at the consumer stage are common and nearly 40% of food-borne outbreaks are occurring in the domestic setting. The overall goal of SafeConsumE is to provide effective, science-based and sustainable strategies for food authorities, market actors and the research community to help consumers mitigate risk, thus reducing the health burden from food-borne illness in Europe. SafeconsumE will suggest, develop and evaluate:
1) Tools, technologies and products (e.g. sensors, apps, hygiene concepts, kitchen utensils) that stimulate safe practices;
2) Communication strategies that effectively stimulate adoption and market uptake of safer practices and tools/technologies;
3) Education programs increasing skills and knowledge aiding teenagers to handle food safely;
4) Dynamic, sustainable and inclusive policy models that stimulates and support national and EU level initiatives.
To achieve high implementation and innovation power, scientists will work together with consumers, authorities and different market actors under a new trans-disciplinary and multi-actor approach based on Theories of Practices combined with Design-driven innovation. Covering the five most important hazards causing food borne disease, consumer behavior across Europe will be described using a risk-based methodology and utilizing the strengths of high-throughput surveys together with in-depth qualitative methodology. New strategies will be developed taking into account their impact on risk reduction, documented consumer barriers for change and sustainability. SafeConsumE will support transformation towards a more healthy population and cost-efficacy by reduced foodborne illness, and a more sustainable community by less food-waste and environmentally friendly solutions.
- /Sozialwissenschaften/Wirtschaftswissenschaften/Wirtschaftswissenschaft/nachhaltige Wirtschaft
- /Sozialwissenschaften/Wirtschaftswissenschaften/Business und Management/Handel
Aufforderung zur Vorschlagseinreichung
Andere Projekte für diesen Aufruf anzeigen
FinanzierungsplanRIA - Research and Innovation action
343 81 Almhult
TA15 6XL Montacute
4051 401 Porto