Pallets are essential accessories of the transport of goods, as they have the potential to handle a large quantity of products
quickly and efficiently. During the past decades wooden pallets became dominant players of the market for their affordable
prices. Plastic and metal pallets are only available in a minimum quantity, since their prices are several times higher than the
prices of wooden pallets.
Despite their numerous disadvantages, thanks to their affordable prices, no substitute alternatives for wooden pallets could
be found until now. Owing to their restricted and mostly distant availability, paper pallets are currently not competitive with
wood, moreover their technical parameters (static and dynamic load) leave only limited scope for replacing wooden pallets.
For economic and environmental protection reasons, a significant demand is shown at present for cheap paper pallets
customizable to the terms of delivery, provided that they are easily available and can replace wooden pallets. This demand
appears at the same time at several million companies in the world, who wish to reduce their costs related to pallets towards
the transportation industry providing services to them, and who currently spend euro billions for unnecessary fuel.
Taking advantage of the market potential, GGP developed and patented a cost-efficient and heavy-duty paper pallet, which
offers a solution for the problem. Together with B&T , GGP has planned a compact manufacturing process to the individually
designed, patented and ISO certified paper pallet, which can be mass-produced quickly in the form of a production line. This
is how PPPL (Paper Pallet Production Line) was born.
PPPL is a production line affordable for industrial players who use pallets in their everyday business. Using PPPL they are
able to manufacture custom-designed pallets in a cost-efficient and quickly recoverable way. Our aim is not just to sell paper
pallets, but we are also planning to sell the PPPL technology.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/materials engineering/paper and wood
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /social sciences/economics and business
- /social sciences/sociology/governance/public services
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport
- H2020-EU.3.4. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Smart, Green And Integrated Transport
- H2020-EU.2.1.1. - INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP - Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies - Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSME-2 - SME instrument phase 2