To address and promote growth in several technological sectors in Lithuania and encourage EU teaming in ICT-related research and innovation, the overall objective of the project is to create a new Centre of Excellence (CoE) in IT Science and Technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Living Systems, which will be referred to as “InnoITeam”.
The long-term vision for InnoITeam is to:
● Become the leading provider of innovative technologies for IoT and Big Data for the improvement of the growing technological personal and industry needs in Europe;
● Consolidate research and development, education and training, and networking and promotion resources activities in Information and Communications Technology (ICT);
● Coordinate, integrate and support research excellence and innovation development in Lithuania, the Baltic Sea region, and Europe;
● Support researchers, academics, industry partners and entrepreneurs in the field of ICT, particularly in IoT, to produce innovations beneficial for the society and economy of Lithuania and beyond.
To achieve this long-term vision, the CoE will leverage the knowledge, experience and resources of three Lithuanian institutions – KTU, VGTU and SECR- with the support of two advanced EU partners from Sweden – LiU and TII – in four strategic research and innovation (R&D) topics:
R&D Topic 1: User interfacing and interaction design approaches for Smart Environments based on IoT;
R&D Topic 2: Cybersecurity aspects in the Smart Environments based on IoT;
R&D Topic 3: Data analysis and visualization approaches for data intensive IoT environments;
R&D Topic 4: Cognitive IoT technologies for Smart Home Environments.
This project has the full support of the Lithuanian Government because it fits perfectly with several of the national priorities within the SMART Specialisation Strategy approved by the Government, and, will allow an enhanced usage and further growth of the recently upgraded infrastructure for ICT research in Lithuania.
Fields of science
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencedata analysis
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencescomputer securitydata protection
- social sciencesother social sciencessocial sciences interdisciplinarysustainable development
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementbusiness model
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdata sciencebig data
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesinternetinternet of things
- social sciencessociologygovernancecrisis management
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringautomation and control systemshome automation
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementcommerce
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action