The overall objective of the NOMATEN project is to establish a Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Multifunctional Materials for Industrial and Medical Applications that will exploit unique nuclear research infrastructure and expertise from Poland and Europe. The long term vision for the NOMATEN CoE will be to provide world-class research and development of innovative multifunctional materials – materials combining advanced structural and functional properties – for industrial and medical applications.
To achieve this vision, the CoE will be created by three consortium partners with complementary facilities and expertise:
• Narodowe Centrum Badań Jądrowych (NCBJ), Poland;
• Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives (CEA), France;
• Teknologian Tutkimuskeskus VTT Oy (VTT), Finland.
They will be supported by Narodowe Centrum Badań i Rozwoju (NCBiR) - an implementing agency of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Poland – which is the fourth consortium partner.
The consortium partners will develop and execute a long-term science and innovation strategy for the CoE - based on a SWOT analysis of NCBJ - that focuses on two strategic research and innovation topics:
• Novel high-temperature, corrosion and radiation resistant materials for industrial applications
• Novel radiopharmaceutical materials for medical applications
The consortium partners believe that leveraging their combined research and innovation capabilities will:
• Enable more efficient usage of their research infrastructure and equipment
• Create more attractive opportunities to educate and train young researchers
• Foster an innovation ecosystem that increases technology-transfer for industrial and medical applications
• Create the critical mass to win more competitive research funding.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call