Periodic Reporting for period 1 - World RePORT (World RePORT Refresh, the Global Biomedical Research Project Database, Technology and Functionality, 2017 (Phase 2))
Reporting period: 2017-08-01 to 2018-01-31
Data Load Tool:
The purpose of data load tool is to empower the end users to upload, validate, preview and review new data submissions and allow the administrator to review and act on new data submissions.
The overall objective was to reduce the manual loading of the data and automate the process end to end.
Topic Visualization is a user interactive feature which provides a visualization of the terms present in the abstracts and titles of the records that are part of search results. One of the key benefits of Topic Visualization is the ability to analyze textual data of the search results while also allowing the user to interact with the topics.
• Initial requirements were gathered during the requirements gathering session. The gathered requirements were captured in the use case document• The requirement was then analyzed and designed by the team as per the specifics provided by the stakeholder. The Data load tool was developed based on the documented requirements
• The team broke down the requirements into multiple tasks and added them to the backlog list
• The product backlog list was the key driver in this project
• The backlog items were prioritized and added to the monthly sprints
• Once the developer completed his/her task during a sprint, it was released to the QA and UAT team
• Upon the approval from the QA, the task was then released to the UAT team for approval
• UAT team provided feedback and comments for the tasks, the feedback provided were added to the backlog
• The comments and feedback were then prioritized with the help of the stakeholder and were implemented
• A list of backlog items which includes the enhancements are maintained and updated
Topic Visualization :
• Researched open source technologies focusing on visualizations that can present the data in a graphical format that promotes exploration.
• Explored tools that can be customized reasonably and fine-tuned to display the output in a meaningful way to fit in with the existing World RePORT User Interface (UI)
• The analyzed options are compatible with the output from the selected clustering algorithm.
• Researched Clustering Algorithms that can result in topic clustering given a text of data.
• The tools analyzed are customizable and allow full access and ability to modify any internal parameters, weights, stop words, and dictionaries
• The options identified for both Visualization and Clustering were individually rated based on criteria determined.
• Based on the rating they were rated and the recommended Visualization and Algorithms were determined.
Overview of the Results :
The beta version of the data load tool has been implemented and released to the steering committee for seeking feedback from the funding organizations representatives for a launch to all the end users.