ALADDIN will study, design, develop, and evaluate, in series of complementary pilots, a counter UAV system as a complete solution to the growing UAV threat problem, building upon a state-of-the-art system and enhancing it by researching on various technologies and functionalities. ALADDIN will follow a holistic and heavily user-centred methodology involving a large number of LEAs and critical infrastructure operators, as well as an expert Advisory Board panel ensuring end-user diversity, as they all face different kinds of threats and work within different regulatory frameworks. This diversity is important to shape EU-wide system specifications and the innovative training curricula and training that will be realised to share the knowledge gained and raise awareness. Furthermore, within the project all regulations, social, ethical and legal elements will be studied thoroughly and continuously with an impact assessment produced and its results monitored during the project’s lifetime.
ALADDIN’s sensing arsenal is comprised of a set of custom, innovative, and unique technologies as well as established and standard sensors used for UAV detection and localisation: 1) 2D/3D paired radars; 2) Innovative optro and thermal panoramic imaging; 3) Custom designed acoustic sensors. These will be fused through novel deep learning techniques in order to provide excellent detection accuracy.
Further, ALADDIN will study and offer a set of neutralization effectors (jammers, physical and hacking). These sensing and countering capabilities will be operated through an advanced command and control (C2) system. The C2 will achieve great detection and classification accuracy within a large range, by fusing data acquired from all sensors through state-of-the-art deep learning techniques. Operator’s efficiency will be enhanced through a novel mixed reality interface with 3D cartographic and situational elements and will be complemented by support to operations like investigation and trainings
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringroboticsautonomous robotsdrones
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesartificial intelligencemachine learningdeep learning
- H2020-EU.3.7.6. - Ensure privacy and freedom, including in the Internet and enhance the societal, legal and ethical understanding of all areas of security, risk and management
- H2020-EU.3.7. - Secure societies - Protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens
- H2020-EU.3.7.1. - Fight crime, illegal trafficking and terrorism, including understanding and tackling terrorist ideas and beliefs
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeRIA - Research and Innovation action
81 363 Gdynia
59262 Sainghin En Melantois