The ASTRail project falls within the scope of the topic S2R-OC-IP2-01-2017 – Operational conditions of the signalling and automation systems; signalling system hazard analysis and GNSS SIS characterization along with Formal Method application in railway field, which is connected with the complementary topics S2R-CFM-IP2-01-2015 and S2R-CFM-IP2-01-2017.
The ASTRail project will act to enhance the signalling and automation system by searching innovative solutions that exploit cutting edge technologies already present in sectors different from the rail such as the avionics or the automotive sector. Investigation of such technologies and assessment of their reusability in the railway field will be done taking in particular care all issues related to safety and performance in the rail system.
Some ASTRail Partners have already participated in S2R projects, while others have been specifically involved to cope with some vertical tasks. From a different point of view, the Consortium is well balanced with both research organizations and industrial stakeholders of the rail domain.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringcontrol systems
- social sciencessocial geographytransportnavigation systemssatellite navigation systemglobal navigation satellite system
- social sciencessociologyindustrial relationsautomation
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managementemployment
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencessoftwaresoftware applicationssimulation software
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call