ELVITEN will holistically tackle all issues impeding the wide market deployment of EL-Vs, by proposing replicable usage schemes to boost ownership or sharing of all categories of EL-Vs by systematic and occasional urban travellers and by light delivery companies.
Existing charge points in the ELVITEN Demonstration Cities, including private ones, will be integrated in a Brokering and Booking service and EL-V charging possibilities will be integrated in the biggest eRoaming platform in the market, to enable EL-V users to charge independently from charge point operators. Sharing services will be set up and supporting policies and incentives will be put in place. ICT tools will be deployed, including a Brokering and a Booking service for EL-Vs and charge points, an EL-V fleet monitoring tool and Eco-Drive app, a Serious Game and an Incentive Management Smart Card.
One-year long demonstrations with 383 equipped EL-Vs of all categories in Genoa, Rome, Bari, Malaga, Berlin and Trikala, will allow the collection of a big data bank of trip data and users' experiences and opinions after the trips.
The analysis will shed light on the real driving and charging patterns of EL-Vs, on reported problems encountered and on the users’ opinions and perceptions. A Cost Benefit Analysis will evaluate the potential market uptake of EL-Vs. Sustainable business models will be proposed for sharing, rental, parking or charge services for EL-Vs and for the deployed ICT tools. Guidelines to EL-V manufacturers and to Planning Authorities will be prepared and agreements will be signed with another 50 Follower Cities so that they transfer in their own regions the ELVITEN usage schemes.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/business model
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/data science/big data
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/computer security/access control
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electrical engineering/power engineering/electric power distribution
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/sustainable economy
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport/electric vehicles
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
92977 Paris La Defense
E14 5AA London
16124 Genova Ge