INVITE is a doctoral programme at the University of Verona (UNIVR), Italy, with a strong inter-sectoral, inter-disciplinary and international research and training dimension. The project is co-financed by the Regione del Veneto and involves many partner organisations: 17 universities and research centres in Europe and beyond, 13 enterprises and organisations from the economic sector, 3 public organisations and 1 network.
INVITE offers a total of 14 PhD positions to train early-stage researchers in scientific disciplines within the following four main scientific domains: Natural and Engineering Sciences, Life and Health Sciences, Humanities, and Law and Economics.
INVITE aims to:
1. Attract young, talented, international fellows to follow a high-quality interdisciplinary doctoral programme at the UNIVR;
2. Encourage inter-sectoral and international mobility, thanks to collaborations with a wide network of Italian and European partner organisations in both the academic and non-academic sectors;
3. Provide the early-stage researchers (ESRs) with a comprehensive set of transferable skills for intellectual property rights (IPR) management, the exploitation of research results, the management of ethically-relevant research including the gender dimension in research, grant writing and project management, and the design and implementation of outreach and dissemination activities;
4. Support ESRs with a specific counselling service to improve their employability at the end of the doctoral programme;
5. Reinforce UNIVR capacities to host talented international researchers in a high-quality working environment.
The ultimate goal is to train a new generation of researchers in a wide range of disciplines and to provide them with the ability to establish professional collaborations with academic institutions and/or the private sector at the Italian and European levels.
INVITE will also improve the already well-established and successful doctoral programme at UNIVR.