The ultimate goal of this project is to build the prototype of the most energy and cost-efficient data centre in the world with a PUE 1.1 or lower. We apply a novel design approach, which includes modular data center design, fresh air cooling system combined with evaporative cooler apparatus, using solely harmonic free renewable energy, and using less UPS capacity. Thanks to our solution, we can offer a sustainable data centre building, which is energy and resource efficient throughout its lifecycle, cheaper to build and operate and brings jobs and knowledge to remote places.
The special objectives are to:
- validate that this innovative data centre concept meets the energy efficiency, financial, reliability and other targets in near operational and real operational environments,
- validate and improve the design software tools for modelling and simulating the operation of the facility and cooling equipment as well as the associated capital and operational costs,
- construct and test operational strategies that combine the digital workload and the cooling both at the rack and facility level in a holistic way,
- demonstrate the results in a “living lab” in a real environment to customers, end-users and other stakeholders,
- demonstrate through accurate simulation that Boden Type DC can be replicated in other European states with less favourable climatic conditions.
- to provide guidelines for stakeholders related to the design process for energy and cost efficient Data Centers to be used at other climatic conditions.
Invito a presentare proposteVedi altri progetti per questo bando
Meccanismo di finanziamentoIA - Innovation action
L’organizzazione si è definita una PMI (piccola e media impresa) al momento della firma dell’accordo di sovvenzione.
IP28 6RE Bury St Edmunds
961 50 Boden
973 47 Lulea
501 15 Boras