The project aims to mobilize and guide public authorities in defining long-term energy policy priorities, promote multi-level governance and support regional and local authorities in developing, financing and implementing ambitious integrated sustainable energy and climate policy action plans in order to achieve climate resilience and carbon neutrality by 2050. This will be achieved through:
- Facilitation of the vertical and horizontal multi-level governance cooperation in eleven (11) European countries.
- Identification of strategic policy priorities at a national level, fostering multi-level governance to capitalise on synergies and economies of scale for implementing energy efficiency and renewable energy actions.
- Capacity building at local/regional level.
- Development of at least 116 sustainable energy and climate policy action plans for 2050 at the local and regional level.
- Development of at least 105 funding proposals for implementing sustainable energy and climate actions/projects.
- Targeted promotion of the concept of carbon neutrality to at least 50,000 relevant stakeholders across Europe.
- Support EU policies and initiatives, such as the Global Covenant of Mayors on Energy and Climate.
C-TRACK 50 is expected to contribute considerably towards achieving the 2030 and 2050 EU energy and climate targets. C-TRACK 50 relates to the topic EE–09–2017: Engaging and activating public authorities, as it will empower local and regional authorities to develop, finance and implement ambitious sustainable energy and climate resilient plans and actions. C-TRACK 50 addresses the following two actions that are part of the topic’s scope:
- Supporting public authorities to foster local integrated energy, transport mobility and land-use planning.
- Supporting public authorities to foster multi-level governance, linking up national and sub-national levels for delivering integrated sustainable energy planning and projects to achieve synergies and economies of scale
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/sustainable economy
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
- /social sciences/sociology/governance
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/waste management/energy efficiency
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
152 38 Halandri
430311 Baia Mare