This project aims to develop and implement a circular economy approach for sustainable products and services through their value and supply chains. Three new circular economy business models will be developed including (i) co-creation of products and services, (ii) sustainable consumption, and (iii) collaborative recycling and reuse.
The Co-creation of Products/Services model will bring end-users closer to the design and manufacturing phases by identifying consumer preferences via Big-data online mining product reviews and evaluating product specifications and prototypes via Living Lab to customise the end-user requirements. Benefited from the co-creation features, sets of sustainable production methods will be implemented and new products/services will be created.
The Sustainable Consumption model will develop a method to calculate the eco-points of products based on the outcome of FP7 myEcoCost project, assess product environment footprints (PEF), provide a traceability solution to monitor product’s sustainability along the value chain, and support end-users and stakeholders to actively implement the circular economy via awareness raising and knowledge sharing activities.
The Collaborative Recycling/Reuse model will develop a system for stakeholders to interact with each other to facilitate the use/reuse of end-of-life products and reduce waste, and implement the eco-credits awarding scheme to encourage people to recycle/reuse.
This project will be demonstrated at a large scale in electrical and electronic products and farming/agri-foods sectors, provide an effective means to communicate with wide communities to disseminate the project outcome, and involve a large number of stakeholders along value and supply chains throughout the project lifetime, including end-users, producers, researchers and civil society.
An ICT platform will be developed to support the development, implementation, demonstration, communication and dissemination.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/production economics
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/business model
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/computer security/access control
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/waste management/waste treatment processes/recycling
- /social sciences/political science/political policy/civil society
- /agricultural sciences/animal and dairy science
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries/agriculture/horticulture/vegetable growing
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
RG14 5PX Newbury Berkshire