Periodic Reporting for period 1 - Horizon (Cableway based Photovoltaic Retractable Folding Roof for Dual Usage of Spaces)
Reporting period: 2018-03-01 to 2018-06-30
After a thoroughly Feasibility Study, the three main objectives of the project are:
a) Scale-up of the manufacturing line from semi-automated (1.5MW/y) to a fully automated line (25MW/y)
b) Reduction of the Total Cost Ownership
c) Commercial roadmap definition.
- Defined a detailed description of the control architecture to manage the PV modules on working conditions.
- Redesigned the 3D structure model of the standard modules and a detailed data sheet of the standardisation.
- Folding mechanism analyses: thorough computational CFD analysis, maximum flow velocities and the excitation behaviour.
- Detailed market analysis of the WWTPs: identifying the total addressable at 2,166 WWTPs (Germany – 577; Austria – 68; Switzerland – 72; France – 362; Spain - 349; Italy – 389; UK - 349).
- Analysis of key drivers for market introduction: regulatory framework, energy efficiency of WWTPs and related operational costs, strategies for energy reductions, initiatives in central EU countries, replacement and renewal investments and WWTP operators.
- Development of a financial feasibility assessment: gantt chart for Phase 2 execution and budget.
WWTPs use vast amounts of electricity. Typically, water and WWT processes account for 25-40% of the municipality's electricity bill.
Perfect pairing – HORIZON transforms WWTPs into power plants, enabling energy self-sufficiency, or even energy surpluses. With HORIZON, the power needed can be produced on the spot, dramatically raising energy efficiency of the WWTP.