The project is concerned with Borel and measurable combinatorics, sparse
graph limits, approximation of algebraic structures and applications to
metric geometry and measured group theory. Our research will result in
major advances in these areas, and will create new research directions in
combinatorics, analysis and commutative algebra.
The main research objectives are as follows.
1) Study equidecompositions of sets and solve the Borel version of the Ruziewicz problem.
2) Give a new characterisation of amenable groups in terms of measurable Lovasz Local Lemma.
3) Study rank approximations of infinite groups and commutative algebras.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/mathematics/pure mathematics/algebra
- /natural sciences/mathematics/pure mathematics/algebra/commutative algebra
- /natural sciences/mathematics/pure mathematics/geometry
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call